Sunday, December 24

A Guide to Day 1 Of Dubai Desert Rock 2007

Ok. March 9th 2007. Dubai Country Club. Be there or be square. Or humanoid.

The greatest Desert Rock to be organized by CSM, I am NOT going to miss this one, unlike me, being the lazy fat-ass that I am, missing Megadeth. I feel like shooting myself =(

OKAY then, the point of this post. The bands? Be shocked. IRON MAIDEN are headlininginging. !!!!!!! . (Note the three 'ings') This post is just to guide you on the way to liking these bands, and I shall give you a list of songs by each band for you to download, which you better. :P

Oh wait, by the way, something the pilot-vocalist of Iron Maiden had to say about coming here. (From www.blabbermouth.net)

"This is certainly something new to us as I don't believe anyone from the band has ever played here at all, so we're all really looking forward to this. We all enjoy touring where we've always had fantastic support but there is something always a bit special about playing to new fans in a part of the world you'd never really expected to play. It certainly looks and sounds like a great festival and lineup and I'm already planning a special Bruce Air trip out for this one, which will be amazing I'm sure."


YAY! Okay, back to the topic (for the millionth time)

JUNKYARD GROOVE: A brilliant band from our very own India. Such a different genre, such a different touch to their music. A must for every music-lover. Now your p2p clients won't detect any sources with this band, so I must give you their websites. And what you must do, in turn, is listen to every song they have. Look out for "It's Okay" and "Folk You". Brilliant songs.

Their "Purevolume"
(www.purevolume.com) site.


Their MySpace (www.myspace.com),
with a few more songs.

LAUREN HARRIS: Iron Maiden has a bassist. Iron Maiden's bassist's name is Steve Harris. Steve Harris' daughter's name is Lauren Harris, and she's been opening all their shows. I didn't really take the time to listen to her, but I know you can on her myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/laurenharrisuk

CHILDREN OF BODOM: Oh, what a band. Fronted by none other than hyper-famous-Finnish-guitar-screamo-vocals-dude Alexi Laiho. And don't ask me what's so great about him, download one of Children of Bodom's songs, friendly to your p2p program. (Ares, Limewire, Kazaa, whatever you use) and listen to the guitar-work. Brilliant.

Here's a list of songs for you to download:

Hate Me!
Lake Bodom
Needled 24/7
Angels Don't Kill
Children of Bodom (Yes, it's a song)
Everytime I Die
Hatebreeder
Sixpounder
Downfall
Bed of Razors
Follow the Reaper
In Your Face
Trashed, Lost and Strungout

Have fun downloading. Each song is brilliant in their own way.

IN FLAMES: The main event for me, one of my all-time favourite bands. I love every song of theirs and what you should look out for are the captivating guitar melodies and solos. Brilliant band with brilliant songs. A must for any fan of metal. Not saying that you are, but they are amazing anyway.

Here's a list of songs for you to download:

Trigger
Artifacts of the Black Rain
Take This Life
Cloud Connected
Only For The Weak
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow
Leeches
Gyroscope
Reroute to Remain
Come Clarity
Clad in Shadows
December Flower
The Hive

I hope you like them. I love them.

MASTODON: More of an underground band, meaning not many people know about them. But heck are they intense. I discovered this band off a poster I got in a poster book, and I got to downloading them. The drummer is one of the best I have EVER EVER heard. How does he play so damn well? Well, it's hearing is believing this time. I haven't heard many songs by them, only a good handfull, so this list won't be too long.

Here's a list of songs for you to download (Again) :

Blood and Thunder
March of the Fire Ants
Iron Tusk (According to me, their best song, and it's BRILLIANT!)
Where Strides The Behemoth
Elephant Man
Aqua Dementia
Naked Burn
Megalodon
Burning Man
Sleeping Giant
Seabeast
Trilobite
The Wolf is Loose
This Mortal Soil
Workhorse

Have fun :D

STONE SOUR: Another brilliant band. Though I like their newer stuff as compared to their older stuff, being not too old, and their slower stuff is definately better than their faster stuff. What's so great about them? Again, hearing is believing. Corey Taylor and Jim Root of Slipknot are in this band. I didn't believe it. Corey is the lead singer of both bands, and he shows such diversity. Good job.

Here's ANOTHER list of songs for you to download:

Through Glass
Bother
30/30 - 150 (Thanks Aparna)
Orchids
Blue Study
Inhale
Get Inside (Sorry Aparna :P)
Omega
Cold Reader

Not many, because I haven't heard much of their songs.


And last, but DEFINATELY, DEFINATELY, DEFINATELY, not the least..

IRON BLOODY MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

MY DREAM COME TRUE!!!

MY EX-FAVORITE BAND (Now my 4th favorite)

IRON MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

IRON MAIDEN

Who are they? They're a band who's been around for ages (since 1980) and theyre STILL alive and KICKING MAJOR METAL ASS. I started listening to them a year ago, and I'm still their #1 fan.

With 25 albums and thousands of epic songs, Iron Maiden is a role model for any aspiring metalhead. Known as the 'gods' of heavy metal, they have been producing brilliant songs after amazing songs after classic songs. Expect a huge list.

I have 3-4 of their albums, and when I listen to them, I make sure it's around 4-5 times. I've heard almost ALL their songs, which is a great feat :) and I love every single one of them. From the ancient Prowler to the 2006 The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, I could never stop loving them.

I can't forget their infamous mascot Eddie, who features on every album cover as the hero of the album's theme. From a cyborg to an army soldier to a pharaoh to a cloudhead, he is the trademark of Iron Maiden.

Iron Maiden has released a game called Ed Hunter, which I didn't miss, and it's a '92 shoot-'em-up type game with brilliant graphics for a game of its era.

They've changed lineups several times, but only lead guitarist Dave Murray and bassist Steve Harris have stayed loyal to the band, and I'm very thankful for that.

The lyrics are original, and many band follow in their footsteps. They've set the bar HIGH.

I don't mean to be a drag, but these guys are classic and I FINALLY get to see them. I love them.

A list?

Prepare to be shocked.

Run to the Hills
Blood Brothers
Different World
The Nomad
Out of the Silent Planet
Transylvania
The Number of the Beast
The Trooper (Charge of the Light Brigade - inspired)
Fear of the Dark
Running Free
The Phantom of the Opera
Prowler
22 Acacia Avenue
Charlotte the Harlot
Aces High
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Genghis Khan
The Flight of Icarus
The Clansman
The Fallen Angel
Dream of Mirrors
Wasted Years
The Mercenary
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Iron Maiden (Yup, it's a song)
Remember Tomorrow
Strange World
Killers (Kick-ass song)
Prodigal Son
The Ides Of March
Wratchchild
The Murders in the Rue Morgue
Purgatory
Total Eclipse
Children of the Damned
Invaders
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land
Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Quest for Fire
Powerslave
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (14-minute song)
The Duellists
Flash of the Blade
Back in the Village
Alexander the Great
Deja Vu
Sea of Madness
Moonchild
Infinte Dreams
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
The Clairvoyant
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Only The Good Die Young
Tail Gunner
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Wasting Love
From Here To Eternity
Man on the Edge
The Unbeliever
The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Brave New World
The Thin Line Between Love & Hate
Rainmaker
Paschendale

Yes, have fun, and I know none of you are going to sit and download all of these songs, but whenever you need something to download, come and visit here.

Oh, and something frontman Bruce Dickinson has said about visiting Dubai that has got me on edge. Again:

"Iron Maiden have announced that they will be headlining the DESERT ROCK
FESTIVAL in Dubai on Friday 9th March 2007. The supporting bill for this day is
currently The Prodigy as Special Guests plus Stone Sour, In Flames, Mastodon,
Children of Bodom, Lauren Harris and Junkyard Groove . This will be the fourth
Desert Rock Festival in Dubai since it started in 2004 and it will take place at
the Dubai Country Club. Tickets will be made available from the official Desert
Rock Festival website - desertrockfestival.com - where full details of the festival
and site can be found. Says manager Rod Smallwood 'Maiden have always enjoyed
and been prepared to visit and play in new parts of the World and this is
certainly no exception. We expect to take the full European stage Production and
as its our first time there. We will adjust the set to include more of the
favourites these fans wont have heard live before along with selected tracks
from our new album 'A Matter of Life and Death' which has been very successful
in Arabia with a Top 5 Chart entry. As this tour has been so much fun we may even add a couple more special shows in mid-March so watch this space' Adds
Bruce Dickinson 'This is certainly something new to us as I don't believe anyone
from the band has ever played here at all so we're all really looking forward to
this. We all enjoy touring where we've always had fantastic support but there is
something always a bit special about playing to new fans in a part of the world
you'd never really expected to play. It certainly looks and sounds like a great
festival and line up and I'm already planning a special BruceAir trip out for
this one which will be amazing I'm sure. We're just getting to the end of whats
been a brilliant year for all of us and we've had a fantastic reaction to the
tour throughout and we 'd like to thank all the fans for their support on the
album and the tour. It's been incredible.' Details of the Bruce Air three day
trip out to Dubai and the Desert Rock Festival will be posted tomorrow, Friday
22nd December on seegigs.co.uk"

Source: http://www.ironmaiden.com

I can't wait. And neither should you :P

Have fun downloading, and I hope to see as many of you at Dubai Desert Rock 2007 as possible.

Metal day, March 9th, 2007, is gonna be AWESOME! And I'm going to sit and learn EVERY song I've posted here on guitar, when I have the time, that's how obsessed I am.

UP THE IRONS!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank CSM for organizing such a greatly-anticipated day, so, THANK YOU CSM!!!!

And since I've taken about 3 hours doing research and typing out this post, you BETTER COMMENT!

-Nishant

12 comments:

Rhea said...

okay first question....WHY ARE THE COMING TO DUBAI OF ALL PLACES?
not that im complaining =P
Ive heard of Iron Maiden, Children of bodom (courtesy of my finland obsessed friend) and in flames. And in the heavy metal world all of them are HUGE.

and theyre coming here!

Anonymous said...

If the grapevine proves to be a worthy source of information, System of a Down are also gracing the Desert Rock stage.

Here's the lowdown on SOD- They kick some ass. Brilliant music, deep lyrics, social and political criticism-They got it all.

Iron Maiden isn't confirmed, is it?

Tah!

Nishant said...

"Iron Maiden have announced that they will be headlining the DESERT ROCK
FESTIVAL in Dubai on Friday 9th March 2007."

They are confirmed. And I'm so grateful for that, but I don't know about SOAD. They might have a spot on the Rock day, (March 10th), but Metal dat (March 9th) is closed. And these are the bands:

IRON MAIDEN
STONE SOUR
MASTODON
THE PRODIGY
IN FLAMES
CHILDREN OF BODOM
LAUREN HARRIS
JUNKYARD GROOVE (Winners of Shamal, the battle for Dubai Desert Rock 2007)

There's your info, summed up :)

As for Rock day, the following bands have been confirmed:

INCUBUS
PRIME CIRCLE

Yup.

anish said...

hey really well compiled...shit i dont need to look anywhere now for "songs to download" or to know more about the featuring bands...

keep me updated on the rock day too..doing it thru this blog will definitely work.

however, march, unfortunately is also the month in which the infamous ISC examinations take place. so being there at the DDR 2007 is still in doubt for most of us 12th graders..

however the convincing-my-parents process has already begun..

rock and blog on!

Sonia said...

umm...Nishaaaaaanntt...im only commenting cuz u asked me to..i dont really know what to write...hmm...

OKAY IRON MAIDEN'S COMING TO DUBAI....YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

im guessing this is ur birthday present??

-Sonia.


PS:i dont even listen to Metal :S

Anonymous said...

heyy!!!very well written..n nw i dunt need to ask ppl 4 songs..here i hav them all 4 me...as sonia said ur b'day present...:P:P
Nyways..
Very well written...
Trisha

*reshma* said...

k ill b honest...i didnt actually read evrythin!! but i got the main idea and i finally noe which bands are showin up...its pretty awsome!! though im no a huge fan of heavy metal i reely dun wanna miss this!! n its reely kewl they decided 2 land in dubai n all im prayin fer is coldplay to set foot in dubai!! dream come truuueeeee!!! well although i didnt read the hole post i can see by ur vivid descrpition of all the bands and the fact tat u actually listd all their top songs, uve definalety put in a lot of eefort!! ooo nice work!! n keep us posted fer more information :P

Anonymous said...

Hey,

So, I'd reckon your writer's block has been overcome in one massive effort of a post!

Nice post btw. Good publicity for Desert Rock too!

PS: its definitely, not DEFINATELY.

Lol, but you DEFINITELY write well.

Sonia said...

Reshma...i dont think anyone read the whole thing!! :P:P

Sowy Nishant...:$

-Sonia

Shalaka said...

heyy!
Awesome post - very very veryyyyy long but awesome all the same. No more writer's block lol. Thank you for all the Iron Maiden and Stone Sour songs!! hf at desert rock.. bye!

Rayna said...

Hey ...a nice looooooooong post. and like reshma and sonia i didnt read the whole thing, but either way a damn good effort.
Have fun at desert rock!!

Radhii said...

hahah ! I READ THE WHOLE THING. Besides the list of Iron Maiden songs.
WOW.
You know I love Incubus. =(
I hope I'm here.