It's taken me 50,000 separate wrecks to get here,
And I've learned absolutely
nothing.
As I'm standing here alone, upright and motionless,
I'm drowning
in her sea.
The rising and sinking of every consciousness I've ever
known.
Now detached and disconnected.
The endless cycle of idea and
action,
Endless invention, endless experiment, endless hope and endless
disappointment.
And I thought all I needed was just one breath to stay
afloat.
For me it was like... like the breath, the last breath, the last
breath
that I never wanted.
Any of this.
I'm moving
forward.
I never thought that this would capsize,
But this isn't a boat,
it's a coffin!
And now I'm moving forward.
Into the sea... into
the great sea.
So I begin with the end in mind.
The cycles of heaven, 20
centuries gone by, come home.
I've fallen three miles now... and I
still can't shake this dragon,
But the end is coming like a flood.
It is
going to be a year for growing and the greatest amount of
forgetting.
My sea is dying, but death is a doorway.
And at the
very root of me I know this.
It's the greatest reminder.
What a broad
world to roam in, what a sea to swim in, so I begin with the
end in
mind.
"Disconnecktie : The Faithful Vampire"
-Norma Jean
Nishant.



7 comments:
Nishant ....If ders one thing that i know he loves its gotta be poetry..
Hes one of the most talented people when it comes to poetry ....I always loved reading poems which have many meanings ..It makes u think about life and about other stuff in general
More and more 9th graders are getting into blogging...and many want to start...its nice to see everybodys views or so.
ahhh.wat can i say..yes.i did like it..very much... its very u, nishantish(!) cheers for finding these lyrics...nyc work...
Well its amazin..Really liked it...
Amazin..!..
Nice post..
Keep bloggin...
the whole beauty of the lyrics is that when you read it first, it doesn't strike you as lyrics of a hard-metal song. not until you read it again of course. really appreciate good lyrics. thanks!
Hmmmmmm.
I downloaded the song. They remind me of As I Lay Dying. It's really different though. When the guys not saying anything it's a lot better. :P It's a long song Nish! A bit too heavy. The bass is really cool. When the song starts to get really boring in the middle, he starts screaming again. The words are pretty good however. I think it's actually really cool. Kinda emo though *-) ..
But that was expected :P
The words. I told you .. I can't relate to them. I've kind of learnt from mistakes. I dunno. A bit to emo nish! I don't get the end. ' I begin with the end in mind ' .. I can relate to the ' Endless invention, endless experiment, endless hope and endless
disappointment.' part though .. Just the part about it being for nothing. I'm yet to decide. I'll let u know later :P
heyy!
i loved those lyrics, amazing! im downloading the song. The lyrics make so much sense!! suggest more songs with lyrics like this songs. anyway, nice post, can't wait for your next one. byee.
Amazing find. Amazing lyrics. And yes they were brilliant. a good post as usual, the lyrics really make u think!
Keep bloggin!!
Post a Comment