How far would you go to redeem yourself? How far would you go to earn that love once banished? How far would you look to find the reasons you had, and never consider them again?
Welcome to another rant.
It's been one of the most eventful years of my life, and I don't know how or why, but I learnt quite a few things. And I'd share them with you if I knew how to.
There are things I would have taken back, or some that I would wish could be taken back. I wish I could take back things for other people, because their suffering reveals the ugliness in me.
How much better would it have been if I could help, if I could assist someone through their hurt. Does change affect people that much? Can we stop change from affecting us? Can we change the results of change?
Doves with twisted wings. Love with twisted promises. Misery with twisted outcomes; usually change.
Have you ever wondered about this thing called regret? No, neither have I, and I regret not grabbing the opportunities I had, not accepting things I could have.
Can we get those chances back? Can we try and ask for one more answer, just one, and question ourselves?
Would we dare to?
Love is a great maze. The people in it are lost. And their only exit is the entrance.
But some stay in the maze. Not quitting. Braving the pain of despair. And their exit, is the exit.
Love until forever.
A promise thats promised. Half of them are lies.
All lies.
And inconsideration to the hurt. Pain wearing a mask of depression. Pain and depression.
But no-one notices the joy. The short-lived joy that comes so often, and yet, it's not enough. And when you begged time to fly, in anticipation of a great event, you would never notice the regret you would have in the future.
And still, no-one notices the joy. The little verbal errors people make in everyday conversation, the little words that make someone's day, the fun you have when you fall down when you play football, when you trip over your own tricks, when you dance away your misery, when you laugh when no-one hears you.
No-one notices the joy.
When depressions come, they come at once, they hit you in the chest. But never should you allow them to change you.
Which is my biggest regret this year.
However, there have been many things I don't regret, and I'm very thankful for. My arms, my legs, my parents, my home.
But what never struck me was the loss I would have to face, in the loss of one of these things, and fear has overriden the hope, which is another regret I have this year.
The wind took me away.
Bounties of regret, bounties of pain, bounties of love, bounties of joy, condensing into memory.
How far would you go to redeem yourself? How far would you go to earn that love once banished? How far would you look to find the reasons you had, and never consider them again?
Ordinary
11 years ago



11 comments:
Your post is all too true...i love this bit..
Love is a great maze. The people in it are lost. And their only exit is the entrance.
But some stay in the maze. Not quitting. Braving the pain of despair. And their exit, is the exit.
Love until forever.
A promise thats promised. Half of them are lies.
All lies.
And inconsideration to the hurt. Pain wearing a mask of depression. Pain and depression.
But no-one notices the joy. The short-lived joy that comes so often, and yet, it's not enough. And when you begged time to fly, in anticipation of a great event, you would never notice the regret you would have in the future.
And still, no-one notices the joy. The little verbal errors people make in everyday conversation, the little words that make someone's day, the fun you have when you fall down when you play football, when you trip over your own tricks, when you dance away your misery, when you laugh when no-one hears you.
No-one notices the joy.
When depressions come, they come at once, they hit you in the chest. But never should you allow them to change you.
Its so real in everyone's life.
Great post!!
ill hve 2 agree with you abt this past yr, has certainly been an eventful one...i easily connectd with this post...how i 2 struggld with love and depression and worries and joy and yet thats what makes us human...i hope a better yr comes ahead for me and others, im thankful fer both the gud and bad thats taken place in my life and for the 1st time i felt tat i actually struggled...but then i try not 2 complain, for there are those who are in a far worse condition, no family no food no shelter...i pray fer them hoping for better times in their lives...im gonna b 15 nest yr, the dreaded borard emamz on its way...no more a kid, i dunno if i can handle tat...im scared and i noe secrectly v all are..there will b things 2 look forward 2 next yr and there will b things v will regret...but they are not within are control, our fate lies way up there in His great hands, what He has in store fer us...a mystery...lovely post... apologies for the long comment...*applause* officially my favourite post!! :D
Interesting. I saw this quote somewhere: The only constant thing is change.
So...you see, you'll face changes all the time. It's how you deal with it that matters, doesn't it?
It sounds like you have regrets...who doesn't? I guess it makes your decisions in life assume all the more importance.
And btw, beautifully put: "Love is a great maze. The people in it are lost. And their only exit is the entrance."
Keep blogging! :)
Hey!!Amazin post..Im really thankful for all the things that has happend in this year..It mayb good or bad..Everythin happens for a reason..Beautiful post..!..
Trisha
Dude ...I cant say how amazing this post is ......
It reminds me of practically everything ...Memories...including todays "I want to go to the airport" shall last forever.....
And "regret" reminds me of a poem ...
Go modernite
-KC
a fantastic post.
poetry is great
but when people like you, who don't actually believe in what theyre writing write it, it just plain sucks
anon @ 2:42 - that's plain harsh! u are being unfair...
maybe it aint his best post, but he does write what he feels. Dont judge him and what goes on his head...
u write really well nishant, and u have a lot of potential...dont ever stop writing and dont let these baseless derogatory comments get to you!
i like reading your blog! blog on!
nishant writes wat he thinks will make ppl think he is sophisticatd, wen hes omly normal
he shud just be himself
its enjoyable to read when you thinkit comes from somwhre
Anonymous, it is not in your place to say stuff like 'nishant writes wat he thinks will make ppl think he is sophisticatd, wen hes omly normal' because there is no proof that he doesnt feel this way. I know for a fact that he loves to write and also that he is DAMN GOOD AT IT.
Nishant, don't be bothered by Mr. Anonymous. You write really well!!
-Sonia
Post a Comment