Friday, July 18

Listen


Sigur Rós - Untitled #1 (A.K.A. Vaka)
Uploaded by steveo_russianspy

I can't walk. At least not through this. The ground is like a mirror, it reflects what I cannot bear anymore. Not anymore, the ground reminds me of me. Barren, the existence reminds me of blankness and a mere outline. It reminds me that this is not a delusion, that it is real, I can see it. The myriad of dreams that belonged to the being I once was maunders and roams and roves through the air around me. Even the air stinks of defeat and of loss and of hopelessness. It wanders like the vagrants and vagabonds I used to detest, but have now become. There is no home, there is no hope, there is no hole where I can hide my shame-ridden face. The rustling of the leaves is the laughter of my own mind. The crashing of the waves is the sound of the walls of my sanity crumbling, lost to my lack of sight. I foresaw this, but I did not imagine that it would be real. What contraption covered my eyes, preventing me from seeing that this is reality ? What device polluted my heart, preventing me from hearing and feeling the distant cries that screamed for help ? What invention created such gigantic impedements in my mind, shutting out everything that I had learnt ?

The world has been destroyed.

The trees are burnt.

The animals are dead.

The birds are dead.

The plants have fled.

Metal impedes my path.

The path to nowhere.

I am going nowhere.

After we destroy the world,
you are going nowhere.

There is nothing here.

Environment. Gone. No more campaigns to save Earth. No more campaigns to recreate the green carpets that have now become discoloured and have now faded into the nothingness I am heading for.

No more. Gandhi's teachings have lost all their meaning because there is no-one here to hear his words. Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, William Shakespeare, Stephen Christian, all their words now lie in the mud I walk upon because we have neglected the call to save the world. No more teaching, no more learning, no more music.

No more music.

Music ?

I can hear the pain.

It is not music.

Let us prevent this. Please. Please. Let the light shine.

1 comment:

Rover Fox said...

Wow, the message of that song is so powerful, I hope when I have kids, this won't be the world they live in. Thanks for bringing this video to my attention!