Wednesday, July 30

Bricks

I was a little lost at SFS today. I know why, and I don't really want to forget. Balloons and thoughts that resemble their floating away, sinking back down to the ground only to be kicked up again.

For a while now, since last year, Robin has loved knocking bricks down. Why ? I didn't and don't know. It was probably fun. And maybe he imagined himself as a superhero, Batman's true accomplice, knocking down walls of evil, knocking them down when they were rebuilt, and knocking them down when they were standing. For me, I imagined them being failures and losses. They would keep coming, and I would keep knocking them down. Until Robin and I were called, leaving the little blue and red bricks lying scattered on the floor.

3 comments:

Rhea said...

You know what? I love these posts on your blog. The brief, hard hitting ones. This post reminded me of a song called Serendipity .. And it really did make me think.
Keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post and it's just beautiful to see the relationship that you and robin share!!

Nilay said...

Well... Maybe you need to (if you haven't yet) stop judging the activities of a child with reason and just appreciate it. There is always a deeper music that resonates when you just observe the activity he indulges in.