Thursday, May 31

Sweet Harmony

So I strum a chord, so I play a melody.

And there's a sensation that runs through me, like I just woke up from a very long sleep, fresh after a long night. And I run, run into fields of yellow, under a blue sky. And there's the sound of harmony encompassing me in a shield. Nothing can touch me, nothing affects me. I'm who I am, and who I want to be. There are no fears, there is not hate. There is no fatigue. And I run endlessly, run into feilds of red, under a blue sky. There's the ocean in front of me, so I run.

Run.

No roads, no paths, no obstacles. Just an open world. I run into the lair of the fairies, where they dance and sing and jump. I see the elves under their mushroom houses, I see the gnomes in their garden parties. I see the trees as they make way for me to run.

The flowers, purple in fields of green, under a blue sky, swaying, swaying under the gentle breeze that brushes past my face.

And the harmony is ringing in my ears, soothing, and then it turns dissonant.

The sky turns grey, there's darkness everywhere. I cannot see. The flowers are wilting, the fairies are crying. The elves are running for shelter, the gnomes are screaming in fear. There, a flash. I turn, but I cannot see. Another flash behind me, I turn around, but I do not know that I turned around, because I cannot see. Maybe I'm standing in the same place. Then the flash, it erupts through me, a sensation that runs through me, like I just woke up from a very long sleep, fresh after a long night. And I run.

Run with harmony, harmony's hand in my hand.

3 comments:

Juhi said...

Wow...
This has got to be your most honest post ever. Honest because you wrote what you truly think.
When I first read it, there were parts I couldn't relate to. And then I read it again, and I saw. I realised what you really meant.
Running through fields, seeing faries and gnomes...I must say, even though some people may think your post was cliched and "a bit too much", I thought it was from the heart. And that's not all.
Not only did you quench your thirst for writing by wringing emotion in drops out of every word, I enjoyed reading it. And I was there.
Now THAT is writing.

Harmony...is something, I know, that touches you deeply. And you definitely proved it here.

"No roads, no paths, no obstacles. Just an open world."

Thanks for making me believe in fairies...=]

Jozie

Shalaka said...

One thing I really love about your posts is that you always 'tie them together' really well. Perfectly in fact.

I liked this post a lot. Like Juhi said, really honest. Yes people may start with the whole 'cliche' nonsense, but I don't believe in the word cliche anymore.

Your writing is one of a kind Nish.

PS : Your 'About Me' picture scares me:P

Sonia said...

.W.O.W.