Wednesday, January 17

Inspirational, Gifted, Talented and Moving.

Guitar players. Guitar players like never before. No, I'm not talking about random shredding and playing fast and whatnot, I am talking about skill, about people who make music. People who make the most inspiring music you could ever listen to. And all this comes from ten finger tips, sometimes less.

Music you can NEVER get tired of listening to. <- Not exaggerating.

This is music.

Andy McKee
Don Ross
Antoine Defour

Names to never be forgotten. Names that should be engraved in the necks of your guitars, because they define what a guitar can do, what music really is.

It's so hard to tell their influences, it's a blend of EVERYTHING. Most being classical.

THIS is the music I want to play.

And I shall strive till I achieve it.
Because it's worth it.

Oh and it's more than worth it.

Don Ross


Don Ross


Andy McKee


Andy McKee's cover of Toto's 'Africa'


Antoine Dufour


These men deserve the guitar.

8 comments:

*reshma* said...

heyy...i cudnt watch the videos, unfortunately...due to stupid reasons!! but ive been nice enuf 2 download some of their songs :) n wat can i say...they were born 2 play...i agree with every word of wat u said...this song, Dreamcatcher by Andy Mckee, its absolutely beautiful, fell in luv with it...n then u wonder how even with no lyrics it has soo much 2 it, i gess tats the beauty of musical instruments...the beauty of music itself...n 2 this day i still regret not learnin a mucial instrument, i mean i did, but i reely didnt stick 2 playin it.. :(..beautiful post..nicely written

Shalaka said...

Oh yes, and the first one by Don Ross is just plain AMAZING! It sounds so familiar, like i've heard it a million times before. Anyway, i am completely in love with the first song. It's beautiful!

Radhii said...

I perceived the palpable(as always :P) following:
1. Why are they all tremendously tubby and all ‘intense’?
2. They play so.. smoothly (for lack of a better word)
3. 2 of three have such funko hair! :P
4. This is so not subwoofing music lol !

You and your guiiittarrr should goooo eellllopppppeeeeeeee (8)

Lalalaaaa
Peace!

Radhii said...

Oh and since we're not allowed to comment on profiles, I would like to say that ...

A) A CHOO CHOO IS A TRAIN (lol) :P
B) I have a book I want u to have. Remind me later

Anyways
I'm in a less weird mood.. so apologies for prev. comment :P

Later <333

Anonymous said...

Not that I know much about guitar at all but from what I saw these guys have some serious hand eye co-ordination...! Antoine Dufour was pretty quirky :P
Don Ross's song was kickass and Andy Mc Kee's song had a great flow if that makes any sense.. :S
As Reshma said sometimes you don't need vocals to make a great song.
And yes, Im going to use the cliché phrase...
Blog on!

Anonymous said...

yes they are awsome,good post..
PS:its 9 finger tips,not 10,the pinky on the right hand isnt used for picking,only strumming(very rarely)..

Anonymous said...

Good post.!.
Oh ya n i luv the first 1 by Don Ross...WOW!
Anyways keep bloggin!
3sha

Kapil.. said...

2nd by Don Ross
and the Antoine Dufour ones were the best without a doubt..

1st by Don Ross wasnt that great kind of boring ..the intro tunes ok ..

Atoie dufour's bridge is really really good

Honest opinions
from
Kc