Friday, January 2

Conversation

So, then. It's really over. Polished, and left upon a mantle. "Here, come one, come all ! Here, here. Here is 2008."

"Where ?"

"Here !"

"I can't find it."

"Obviously ! you aren't looking hard enough."

"I am !"

"Look once more. Now, do you see it ?"

"Yes. It's right here."

"I told you."

"How could it be so close ?"

"It just is. It won't go far, either."

"Why ?"

"It can't."

"Why ?"

"We're holding it back."

"Are we holding back ?"

"No, we're holding it back."

"Should we let go ?"

"No. Never."

"Why ? There is much to do tomorrow, and today."

"Never let go."

"Why ?"

"Would you let go of a part of yourself ?"

"No. Never."

"Exactly."

"Yes."

"It shaped all of us."

"It did."

"Look at the light."

"It's never been so bright."

"Do you know why it is so bright ?"

"No. Tell us."

"There's hope."

"Wasn't hope buried, a long time ago ?"

"It was, yes."

"Who unearthed it ?"

"Did you feel the light ?"

"Yes."

"Then you did."

"But I never .."

"We all did."

"How ?"

"Ask yesterday."

"But yesterday's gone !"

"Where ?"

"I don't know."

"And where are the answers to things you don't know ?"

"Within."

"So where's yesterday ?"

"Within."

"Where are we ?"

"We're going forward, aren't we ?"

"Yes."

"But what if we stay behind ?"

"Then you will become a stranger unto even yourself."

"Then I'm staying behind."

"Okay. But I'm staying behind and moving on."

"How ?"

"The light is within and without."

4 comments:

Nilay said...

Of all your posts definitely the most amazing. Its simplicity and yet the message drive home. You have a knack for this. Let it Grow.

Anonymous said...

Those memories made us who we are today. We'll all miss those days.

But there's always hope. Hope that we never forget. Hope that we never loose each other.

Hope that we will one day meet again.

Hope that we will one day meet again and remember all those wonderful days.

Kristen said...

That was...pretty awesome I must say.

Nilay said...

I liked your last line